Superintendent: Mary Jane Kermmoade
Walk in Registrations on Check-In day discouraged
Online Registration Deadline: Monday, August 1, 2016.
Mailed Registrations Postmark Dealine: Monday, August 1, 2016.
Check-In: Monday August 8 from 1:30 – 7pm in the Lincoln Room
Claim tickets will be issued and required for pickup of quilt(s)
How To Sign Up:
Step One: Read the rules and regulations.
Rules & Regulations
Judging: Tuesday August 9, 2016 in Lincoln Room (Closed to the Public all day)
Entry Fees: None
1st place: $5.00
2nd Place: $4.00
3rd Place: $3.00
4th Place: $2.00 (Only in Youth Department)
"Best in County" and other Special Awards (Posted at Check in)
Premium Pay Outs will only be paid during the release times listed. The Premium Payout Station will be located near the front of the Lincoln Room. No Payout will be made at any other time. If you do not collect your premiums during these times, you will forfeit your winnings!
Show Times Open to Public: Wednesday through Friday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am – 8:30 pm
The public is not allowed to touch exhibits. "White Glove" volunteers will be on hand to oversee the exhibits and assist the public in enjoying the displays.
Show Closes to the public at 7:30 pm on Saturday, so staff can prepare for quilt release times listed below. If you are unable to pick up your exhibits during release times, it is your responsibility to find someone to bring your claim ticket and pick up your quilts.
Show Rules: A quilt is made of 3 layers, top, batting and back. Quilting must be seen on the back to be judged for a ribbon. Miniature Quilts must be appropriate in pattern and size and not larger than 24" on any side. Wall Art Quilts/Non Functional Quilts must be appropriate size to be hung and not intended to be for a bed. Not all quilts will be hung or hung fully open.
You may enter ONLY ONE EXHIBIT IN EACH CLASS. Enter carefully.
Note: One person quilt category means all work is done by one person.
Note: Multiple person category means work is done by 2 or more persons.
During registration give credit to all persons involved in the creation of your entry.
Ribbon placing is based on merit at the Judge's discretion. Superintendent reserves the right to combine classes for judging. Exhibit must merit a ribbon to receive a ribbon.
Not all ribbons will be awarded.
Release Times: No entries will be released before the specified time. Claim tickets issued at check-in will be needed to claim your quilt. It is your responsibility to arrange with someone to bring your claim ticket to pick up your quilt if needed. Exhibits will be released on Saturday, August 13 from 8:30 to 10:00 pm, and Sunday, August 13 from 9:00 am to noon. If you cannot come at these times, please arrange with someone to bring your claim ticket to pick up your quilt. Any items remaining after Sunday, August 13 at noon will be taken to the Event Center Office and donated to charity if arrangements for pickup have not been made by Friday August 16, 2016.
Due care will be exercised in handling each exhibit, but the Lancaster County Agriculture Society, Inc. will not be responsible for items lost, damaged or stolen. Please use discretion when entering delicate items.
Youth Division Classes are for ages 10–13 and ages 14–18, as of January 1, 2016.
Special Awards include the following "Best of" Sponsored Awards:
- Holiday or Themed - Entered in any class including Youth classes.
- Nebraska or Husker Themed Quilt - Entered in any class including Youth classes.
- Patriotic Themed - Entered in any category including Youth classes.
- Modern Quilt - Entered in any category including Youth classes.
- Recycled Quilts - Made of reclaimed materials, including jeans, clothing, neckties etc.
- Entered in any category including Youth classes.
- Special Occasion Quilt - Bed, Lap or Throw Quilt made to remember an event or events that hold memories. Examples are T-shirt quilts or Anniversary quilts.
- Entered in any bed, lap or crib quilt class including Youth but not for Wall Quilts/Non-functional classes.
- Generational Quilt - Made by at least 2 persons in 2 generations.
- Entered in any category including Youth classes but not for Wall Quilts/Non-functional classes.
- Historical Display - Made by past generations. No ribbons awarded.