4-H & FFA Barn Quilt Contest
Entry is open to all Lancaster County FFA Chapters or 4-H Clubs.
Use your imagination! Be creative!
Get your entry form here.
CHAIRPERSON: Sue Bulling
ENTRY DEADLINE: PREREGISTRATION POSTMARKED by July 6, 2017
ENTRY DELIVERY: Deliver entry to the Lancaster Event Center between July 31 and August 2, 2017
JUDGING: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 10:00 AM
AUCTION: During the FREE Watermelon Feed Friday, August 4th at 4:30pm in the Nebraska Lottery Shade Tent.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Only one "Barn Quilt" per 4-H Club/FFA Chapter.
- The Lancaster County Ag Society will provide one piece of plywood 4' X 4' X 1/2"
- The plywood will have a double coat primer/ sealer base, painted all sides of board to help with weatherizing and predrilled for hanging.
- Each Group will provide their own paint and painting supplies.
- Two coats of exterior latex paint are recommended, painted on one side only.
- The pattern must be a clean design, typical quilt appearance.
- Primed plywood panels can be picked up at the Lancaster Event Center starting May 15th (as requested on the entry form)
- All entries will be used as fair decoration throughout the grounds. In order to be displayed, entries must be delivered to the Lancaster Event Center office between July 31 and August 2.
- The completed Barn Quilts will become the property of the fair and used at their discretion at the Lancaster Event Center.
- The barn quilts are plannted to be auctioned off during the Watermelon Feed as a Super Fair fundraiser. They will be on display throughout the Super Fair and available for pick up on Sunday August 13 to winning bidders.
Premiums— earn prizes for your club!
1st Place Team – Champion Rosette and a $100 gift card
2nd Place Team – Reserve Champion Rosette and a $75 gift card
3rd Place Team – Ribbon and a $50 gift card